Business coaching is a fairly professional that has started to establish itself in the business sector. I was reading one day and found the origins of course come from the sporting arena where coaches helped athletes achieve their goals.
One thing to know,Coaching is a slightly different concept to consulting. But in a nutshell,consulting implies that you identify a problem that a client has and you propose a solution. Coaching is more than making things easy that the client can self-help.
These are things I did when I started my coaching career and you can also apply if you’re serious on doing coaching business.
- Know the problem you what to solve
- Go to that group of people or organization and see what they are doing, look at their strategic plan to give you a good start.
- Look at market around you and position yourself that I am a specific journalist business coach, small business coach or specific business coach concentrate in IT industries,Manufacturing,Hospitality,Accounting industries and so many.
- Set a coaching methodology that will allow your clients to see where are they now? Where are they headed and what do they need to do to get there.
- Introduce useful reports like a score card report, KPI’s and others to make easily follow-up with your client and take your client to the next level.
- Categories your coaching style if it’s one on one coaching, group coaching or coaching over the phone and through email all is up to you.
- Walks your talk-Always clients will like to take you as a mentor and Coach so try be a good example.
- Refresh yourself by attending coaching programs to improve your level of understanding about the whole process, and give you new ideas on how to improve customer’s satisfaction.
I will help you to achieve your goal of starting coaching business if you allow me to coach you. I can’t wait to hear from you